Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009

Our New Year was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing! Kevin stayed home with the kids on New Year's Eve because I had to work. When I got home at 4, his mom was there and mentioned that his sister would be alone for the evening. So, we gave her a call, and she and I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was excellent! Jule was difficult for Kevin to get down, and we're not sure if he was just missing me or teething or what.

I had the kids yesterday, and the day was fine. Jule was pretty good, and he even let me clean up the house from Kevin's disaster the day before. Noly took a long nap, and we even had to wake her up to go to the Fipps' for a present exchange. We had a nice time with Rob, Trish, Maggie, Madeline & Robbie. Then, we brought all of Grandma & Grandpa's presents home to open. It was crazy when we got home. Noly had an absolute blast opening the numerous presents. Jule had been happy when we started, but then he started wailing. I finally discovered that he was afraid of the wrapping paper. No kidding...he screamed only when we unwrapped. I'm not sure if it was the sound or the look of it all, but once the paper was gone, he was happy again for awhile.

Today, I'm at work, and there are only 3 people on my hall. It's nice to have such a quiet day!

No comments: