Thursday, January 15, 2009

Odds & Ends

So, potty training is not really going very well. We are having Noly keep a diaper on and just taking her to the potty regularly. I got very tired of cleaning poop out of underwear!

Jule is insanely fussy and has been since Tuesday. Poor Brenda...he's waking up the entire house of kids, so our little Jule has become "The Upstairs Baby." That's where Brenda puts loud babies that upset the other kids, in their upstairs bedroom over the garage. When he wakes up from his 20-minute naps, he is screaming way too loud. Noly has been VERY whiney and cries at the drop of a hat in the past few days, and I finally figured out that he is waking her up several times a night just like he's waking us up. Last night, we put a box fan in her room on high, and she finally woke up happy and rested. How can this one little guy disturb an entire household's sleep? He IS very, very loud like his daddy and very, very determined like his mommy.

Last night, I let him cry it out. This was good and bad. He lasted about an hour. He fell asleep around 7:50 and woke up around 8 PM. He cried until 9 PM. Then, he stopped crying and looked all over his room. I could see that his sheet was wet from tears and snot, so I went up and changed his diaper and fixed his bedding. He started smiling at me from ear to ear and was so happy to be up? I have no idea....this didn't make sense. Since he was awake, I put him on a blanket on our bed next to me. He was happy but then threw up from all of the sinus drainage. I had to then suction his nose, and he started laughing. I was able to video it, but I still don't understand. He's been spitting up fountains this week, so I'm wondering if his Prevacid dosage needs to be increased since his weight has skyrocketed. I emailed Dr. C, so we'll see.

For all the agony they put us through, these two are such a blessing. They will never cease to amuse and entertain us.

No comments: