Friday, January 23, 2009

Zephaniah 3:17

I have been studying the Prophetic books of the Bible and came across this really neat verse: "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." I get this picture of a Father's love for His children. He rejoices over us with singing just as a mother sings over her baby to soothe and comfort him/her. I can't help but relate the great delight I take in my kids to the delight that God takes in me...not that I've earned it, but that He just does it. It's very reassuring that the One Who created the whole universe feels that way about me.

Jule got his first tooth last night. He wouldn't let me see it, but I could feel it with my finger. He still woke up last night at 2:30, so I'm not sure how long it may be before the other one comes in...probably not long. He was in his Jumparoo last night, and I could smell that he pooped, but I waited until I finished eating to change him...big mistake. It was up his back and down the front of his legs to his knees. The outfit was so bad that I just threw it away. Noly was very interested in watching the whole thing. I made her stand back so she wouldn't get into the dirty diaper, but she wanted to see it so bad. Kevin bought her pull-ups last night so she can go potty on her own but not have too big of a mess when she doesn't make it. I wonder how her day in pull-ups went?

No comments: