Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Favorite Things

We have a lot of if's and maybe's floating around right now, so I wanted to freeze time a little to jot down my favorite things about the kids at THIS stage in their lives:

Noly just turned 6. I love the way she is learning to sound out words. I love how she writes me sweet little notes that came straight from her head. I love her sweetness and her willingness to help me. I love how she ALWAYS has to go to the bathroom in the middle of every meal. It's just her. I love her fashion sense and her sense of humor. I love how she can be so kind to her little brother even when he is annoying her, and I love her determination to dress him up as a Princess no matter how much he initially resists. At this point, I would guess she would be a vet when she grows up, though she thinks she should be a superstar. I love that she wants to name her son (which she hopes not to have) Sonic and her daughter (which is all she wants) Sally. I love her laid back personality and the way she seems to command the attention of everyone in the room when she walks in.

Jule is just over 3. I love his new love for cuddling since I hurt my foot and how he says, "Sit on my lap" every evening. I love his drive and determination. I love his fuzzy blonde hair and find myself rubbing his head often. I love the way he resists dressing as a Princess but gives in to make his Sissy happy. I love the way he sings his ABC's at the top of his lungs and then cheers for himself when he is done. I love that he picks out the same CARS 2 book every time he wants me to read to him and how he gets upset when we come to the page he tore out months ago every time we see it. I love how he greets me with "Good morning, Mommy" every morning. I really love that he is not a morning person like me. It helps provide a balance when we have two other cheerful morning people in the house :)

I know all of the things they are doing now will change soon...they always do. I just have to remember to write them down more often.

1 comment:

John Ng said...

Enjoy and savor these times and moments. The beauty of the blog is that you and they can always look back on these times.