Monday, October 24, 2011

Changes on the Horizon

I have been asking God for wisdom....wisdom regarding Jule's health, regarding my health, regarding my job, etc. And God has been abundantly answering. He pours out wisdom on those who ask just like James 1 says. Jule has been napping, actually napping, at school since we upped his reflux meds. He also sounded like croup was coming Saturday evening, BUT he slept peacefully through the night. Only God could give the kind of insight we needed to link the croup and reflux together. I'm so thankful for the doctors He has brought into our lives.

The Keppra is making a huge difference in my migraines. In August, I had 17 migraines. I started Keppra towards the end of September and ended up with 14 migraines in September. So far for October....5. Yep, 5! I have been keeping track of them for years, and 5 is by far the lowest number on my sheet. I know October isn't over yet, but my quality of life is improving so much. I cannot imagine what I will be able to do once I can walk again!

I played keys for church this weekend, and as we rehearsed, I felt a release. It was odd. I was completely teary-eyed, and it wasn't even a special, deep moment. God was working in me. I began considering that maybe God wants me home. I had been ok with that thought if I got fired because at least unemployment could pay for Insurance for a time. But the thought of just quitting my job never seemed to be an option. I thought surely this was just a passing thought but asked God to confirm it if that is His plan. The sermon was very much giving me the same feeling. So, I talked to Kevin during dinner last night. We realized that I pretty much work for free once we pay my tithe and childcare expenses. It's just the insurance. So, we are praying about me quitting in a few months if his company can afford to pay for the COBRA insurance. By the time COBRA would go away, Jule would be in Kindergarten and I could go back to work with a hopefully very healthy little boy. This is just in the beginning stages, and we are praying and asking God what He wants us to do. It would not harm my years of service at the State, but merely put them on pause. Kevin would have to travel more, but we think it may also help my migraines and stress level. I know God will give us wisdom in this because we have already seen Him move so vividly in Jule's life. Please pray with us for clear direction in the upcoming weeks/months.

1 comment:

Helene said...

I'm so happy to hear the new medication is working in reducing your migraines! Yay!!! It must be such a huge relief to not have that constant pain!

I'll keep you in my prayers on the job issue!