Thursday, April 14, 2011

Noly

Today, I got a phone call from the kids' school. They said that Jule did not have his "pretty" (blankey) and that he was screaming. I quickly realized that his sweet pretty was at home in the dryer. I told her I could come get him and take him home with me to get it and bring him back with it (making me miss at least an hour of work), but then I had an idea...I asked her to go get Noly's "geeky" (blankey) to see if he would accept it. She said she would try and call me back. I got the most wonderful call back. She said that she went to Noly's building and explained to her that Jule's pretty was at home and that he was very upset. She asked Noly if Jule could use her geeky so that he would not be so upset. She said Noly's eyes lit up, and she ran to her backpack to get her blanket for Jule. She took delight in giving up something she had so that he could be comforted. This from the little girl who told me a few days ago that she wished she never had a little brother because he always cracked her up (drove her nuts). I am so proud of her very willing sacrifice! Jule accepted "sissy's pretty" and quieted right down. So many times, it is hard to have a good attitude and give willingly when God asks us to give, especially when He asks us to give something precious to us to someone we may not necessarily enjoy being around :) I was reminded of II Corinthians 9:7 "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." I am so proud of her cheerful giving, and I will surely be telling her that when I pick her up today! I pray that I think about her example the next time God asks me to give something, and I pray I am as cheerful of a giver as she is. Healthwise, we have had some better days! We had another croup episode with Jule last week where he struggled with his breathing for several days, but we did not have to take him to the ER. My migraines are off and on right now, and I'm focusing on thoroughly enjoying the pain-free days that I have. I go back to the Neurologist in May, and I'm not really sure whether the preventive is actually working or not. I guess I'll have to see what he thinks. I am also going to a Chiropractor next week to discuss whether or not he may be able to help. Over the weekend, we got to take the kids to the Children's Museum! This was a big deal to me because we have been too sick to go for such a long time. The kids had a wonderful time, and so did Kevin and I. We love to see them playing happily and experiencing new things with other children! I'm praying for better, healthier days is the future. How wonderful it is to be able to leave the house and have fun! Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

John Ng said...

Thanks for posting and updating the world (me) with what God is doing with you and the family. These are the things that years from now you will look back on and smile.