Thursday, April 28, 2011

Surgery Results

Jule's surgery went well Tuesday, other than being 3 hours later than scheduled because the surgery before his had some complications. He went into the OR very drunk of Versed, so he didn't cry for us. He did cry some when he woke up, but he did a lot better than in the past.

The ENT found a very minor subglottic stenosis. It does not need to be operated on, but it can aggravate the area allowing croup to develop more easily. My understanding is that it is something that will always be there; but his airway will grow as he grows, so the croup should go away as he grows.

We are thrilled that he does not need surgery, and we also feel helpless because we can't do anything to stop the croup from happening again. I'm feeling very silent becasue I just have to let it all sink in. Do I prepare myself for more trips to the ER? Will he grow out of it next week? I need some time to pray about it all.

2 comments:

Heidi {Tales From a Suburban Housewife} said...

Heather,

I will be praying he outgrows croup. Sounds like your sweet little boy did great through the surgery! I think the job of parenting is going to test every emotion possible:)

John Ng said...

Good news! I hope that he didn't have the overpriced OG wine before he went in! ha! Seriously, I am glad he didn't have to undergo surgery and more importantly he went through it well. I guess the passage that refers to "more than you can handle" can still apply! You are blessed and prayed for!