Monday, March 1, 2010

"Till I Entered the Sanctuary..."

I feel like collapse is on the horizon. We have been sick now for awhile, and I'm getting really sick and tired of being sick and tired. The exploratory surgery went well, and Jule is back to his happy little self again. All last week, my ears were hurting. I ignored it because I didn't want to spend any more money on doctors and because I was trying to get Jule figured out. Since Jule is now better, I went to the doctor this morning. My eustachian tubes are both non-functioning, and I am in so much pain. She gave me decongestant and a nasal spray to try to get them back open, but if they don't, I may need tubes. Grrr! I'm so frustrated!!!

As I was reading Psalm 37, verse 17a stuck out at me..."till I entered the sanctuary of God..." That is where I'm going to find my rest, my peace, my strength for whatever is coming next...the presence of God. The first few verses of Psalm 37 talk about the apparent success of the wicked (including good health), and I found myself relating to David's frustration. Then, there is a transition, a peace, that happens from verse 17 on. This life is not what it is all about. It doesn't really make it easier, but it does redirect my focus. I need some time in His sanctuary!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Wow, Heather, you're really due for a huge break. God has something in store for you...I can just feel it.