Friday, February 26, 2010

Exploratory Surgery

This morning, Jule had exploratory surgery to check out his adenoid site. He has been so unhappy, has not been sleeping, and has not been drinking; so we and his doctors agreed that it was necessary. Everything looked good. The ENT did find more adenoid tissue that he could have removed, but he decided to leave it alone since Jule has had a hard enough time as it is (WISE man!). Jule woke up from anesthesia very peaceful and drank an entire sippy of juice before we could get to the car. I was so glad that he did not wake up screaming again! It is so hard to see him like that.

Yesterday, the ENT's office called and told us to be at the office by 6:45 am. I was concerned that Noly may have to go with us, and I didn't want her to see him screaming and upset because I didn't want it to upset her. I prayed about it as I walked from my office to the bathroom, and when I walked into the bathroom, I got a text. Elissa texted me to ask if we needed help with Noly. Talk about a quick answer to prayer! That lifted such a weight off my shoulders. Kevin took Noly to Elissa's after dropping Jule and I off and was back at the ENT's in time to wait on Jule's surgery. Everything went so smoothly, and I am so thankful for that!

Since the surgery didn't answer any of our questions, we still need to find out what is wrong with Jule. We talked to the ENT and decided to stop his antibiotics because he was on 4 different ones from 12/7/09-1/8/10 for ear infections. Then, he went back on amoxicillin on 2/8 and has been on it ever since. I want to see what he does when he gets a rest from them to see if his happiness returns. I also wonder if he suddenly won't drink his milk because the first surgery made it taste funny to him? So, we're trying to switch and see if he drinks more. If none of this works, we'll go back to the Pediatrician to explore further possibilities. I'm praying he is back to his normal self (minus the ear infections) soon!

No comments: