Thursday, March 25, 2010

Silence

Lately, I have been feeling so silent. That's one reason I haven't posted much. The other reason is that I'm having very frequent migraines and can barely look at the computer screen sometimes. I plan to start the new medication that the Neurologist wanted me to try tomorrow night so that I have the whole weekend to see if my body will accept it or not. It is called Neurontin, and you take it 3x a day. I totally don't mind taking pills around the clock if they help!

Right now, my heart is so sad. My cousin Joe's wife, Brandi, is very sick in the hospital and may not make it. She had some Crohn's complications on Monday and is now in the ICU with a newly-discovered heart condition. She is 28 and has two sons, 12 and 1. My heart aches at the thought of her not making it, and we are all praying for a miracle...for the restoration of her heart. Her blood pressure is so low that they can't fully sedate her, so my understanding is that she is communicating some by writing and mouthing words. Last night, her church had a prayer service with praise and worship and they played it in her room via a speakerphone. Right there from her hospital bed, she was worshipping right along with the congregation. I'm praying that God is doing a work in her physical heart that only He can do. The doctors have done all they can and are just watching her. I'm praying that they see a miraculous recovery and that Brandi will live a long life. If you would, I would love it if you would agree with me in prayer.

The song that keeps running through my head is "Need You Here" by Hillsong. Here is the portion that is playing in my head:

I need You here
I need You here
You're like the rain that falls
Fall on this heart and make me new.

God, please give Brandi a new heart. Please bring restoration to her body and life to her blood.

No comments: