Friday, March 2, 2012

Ouch!

Today was Botox...ouch! The injections did hurt, and there were somewhere around 30 of them. I am still in pain at all the little injection sites, but it is not unbearable...just uncomfortable. I guess that this is heaven compared to some of the side effects I've had from the preventive pills :)

I was utterly exhausted today from waking at 2:30 with a migraine, then getting up with both kids before the alarm even went off for school, then taking more migraine meds, getting ready, getting Botox, etc. I knew Kev would be in by 6, and I was counting down the minutes. It was about 4:45, and Jule started acting really odd. He hadn't eaten lunch and had said his tummy hurt. All of a sudden, he was laying on the couch in a ball wailing that his tummy hurt. I took him to the bathroom thinking maybe he had a bug and realized he would not walk or stand up straight. I took him to the livingroom to watch cartoons, and he just fell to the floor in a fetal position. Kev and I were both very concerned about his appendix, so Kevin ran him in to a Doc in a Box. Poor boy...they discovered that his ears are worse after 9 days of antibiotics. Also, his white blood cell count is up even though he's on antibiotics. He was also crying when the doc pressed on his abdomen, so she was going to send him for an ultrasound at the ER. I talked to our Pediatrician, and he called the doc. We made a decision to wait and see how he did before taking him to the ER. The Ped said stress and being upset can raise a child's white blood cell count. Both the Ped and the Doc thought maybe constipation or pain from the antibiotic.

He is home and acting normal again. I am so, so thankful to God for a Pediatrician we trust and who cares about us and also loves God! Jule brought us much closer to our Ped through our numerous visits, and God has truly blessed our socks off. All of this has made me NEED SLEEP! So, I am going to try to get some good sleep tonight. Glad my baby seems to be ok for now and glad my side effects are tolerable!

No comments: