Monday, February 6, 2012

Plagues

Please bear with me if this is random or odd because my head is still killing me...

I have been reading through the Bible through youversion.com, and I have been reading about the plagues God brought on Egypt that caused them to let His people leave their lives of slavery. For several of the plagues, the Bible mentions that God kept the plagues from touching the Israelites. I noticed that the last plague was different. The Passover required them to obey God in order to be spared from the plague...from the death of their firstborn. I wonder why it was that they were automatically spared during the earlier plagues but not for the last one. I noticed that there are a lot of times that God requires obedience while they are wandering in the wilderness...like not gathering too much manna. I think obedience to Him is huge, and I try to keep that in mind when I feel like a mean mommy when disciplining my kids.

That's all my brain can tolerate right now. We are still waiting for Botox approval, and my migraines are at least 6 days a week. Some days, I'm not in pain the whole day, and those are the times we try to get out and have some fun. The past two nights, they have hit around 10 pm because our weather is going from really nice during the day to very cold at night. My head just can't take the pressure changes.

I'm so thankful that I'm able to be home. Jule is hilarious, and I enjoy having more relaxing evenings with Noly rather than trying to hurry through everything just to get ready for the next workday. Tonight, I had our tv on in our room while I was downstairs getting ready to go up for bed. I heard Jule singing and moving around and could not see him on his monitor, so I knew he was toward the foot of his bed. I came upstairs and closed our bedroom doors so that he would not see any light. I had no idea he could actually see the tv from his bed, but it sounded like he could. When I shut the door, I heard, "Oh man, the door is closed!" And he promptly went to sleep :)

2 comments:

John Ng said...

Thanks for your update! I just finished reading about the plagues and like all things - "this too shall pass". I pray for you and the family and that the Lord will take you to a season of peace and rejoicing.

Heather said...

Are you reading through the Bible in a Year on youversion too? I am behind in my blog reading and often have to skim because of my head. I grew up hearing about all of this, but it is very different to read about it all from an adult point of view.