Saturday, February 18, 2012

One More Preventive Down the Drain

I haven't posted much because I've been in a lot of pain most of the time still. I tried Lyrica, and it turned out to be horrible for me. One dose was all I needed to know I did not want to try it ever again. I bought some herbal pills to try (Magnesium), but I don't want to try them until I have a break from the side effects of the Lyrica.

Jule had some lip problems this past week. Monday, he was running through the tile kitchen and fell on his face. He hit his upper lip and had a cut with quite a bit of swelling. He was ok in general, but he would not eat the rest of the night, even his favorite foods. By Tuesday morning, he was back to eating normally. Then, unfortunately, Tuesday night, he had another lip injury. A 9-year-old knocked him over with the door at the Chick-Fil-A play area. His bottom lip must have taken most of the impact because he bit right through his bottom lip. I think I was more traumatized than he was, but I know it hurt. He screamed for quite awhile, and it took a lot to get it to stop bleeding, but it did not need stitches. AND he was already eating by the time we got home. I don't understand the difference.

We are so pleased that he has gone 5 months with absolutely no croup! God truly blessed us overflowing with wisdom when we asked! It is so nice to be able to relax more when he gets a cold. He has been much healthier overall since we took him out of daycare.

Noly is loving school and is already reading and writing at a first grade level! I'm so glad she enjoys learning. She is sweet and is already starting to show the attitude of a 16-year-old sometimes...something I don't like that she is learning at school. It's ok though...we are working on it.

My Grandpa has been in the hospital almost non-stop since my Grandma died. Some of it is strokes, some kidney stones, some a fractured back...multiple reasons. But, recently, the hospital told him he cannot live at home alone any longer. He will have to go to an assisted living facility once he is healthy enough to leave the hospital. It has been tearing me apart because that means the Bank will be taking their home. They did a reverse mortgage maybe about 10 years ago, so he will have 2 months to get everything out once he is officially declared to be unable to live alone. He BUILT that house with his own hands about 50 years ago. It's the only house I've ever known them to live in. It holds so many memories. They've even had the same phone number my whole life. It's very painful, but I know it's just something I need to work through. We will have to go in a couple of months to get the items we would like before they do an estate sale. That will be hard, but I'm thankful that we get the chance to have some of their things that hold sweet memories. We even lived in their finished basement during some times when we had a house built, remodeled, etc...so my family even lived there briefly too.

Please pray that the Insurance will approve the Botox soon so I can live again. I really enjoyed the week I had home with only one migraine. It was awesome! I would love to experience that again!

1 comment:

Heidi {Tales From a Suburban Housewife} said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I understand how you feel- it is hard to watch them lose their homes and move on to assisted living/nursing home.

Hope you are feeling better today!