Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lukewarm

It's so easy to become lukewarm. You leave milk out on the counter too long...you get lukewarm. You leave your coffee sitting too long before you drink it...you get lukewarm. Yuck! You leave your heart unchallenged too long, and it also can become lukewarm. I realized that is where I have been, the place between hot and cold.

Growing up in church, it's easy to go through the motions of Christianity. I can even go spend time with orphans in the name of Christ and still be lukewarm. It's a matter of where my relationship with Him is. If I don't spend QUALITY time with Him to stay hot, I will become lukewarm, or even quite possibly cold. I can even read my Bible daily and still not dive into His presence, search for His heart, delight in His embrace.

So, I want to be hot. I want to be passionate. I want to walk about my life living in His presence. Abraham took Isaac to Moriah in obedience because of his close relationship with God. He knew God's character; he was His friend. If I am really, truly spending more time with Him, getting to know Him, I will better be able to do what He asks of me. When adversity comes, I will be less shaken because I will be planted DEEPLY in Him, rooted and blossoming with His beauty.

I don't want to be lukewarm, curdled milk. I want to be delicious, steaming hot coffee (even if I don't like coffee)!

No comments: