Saturday, January 22, 2011

Strep Throat and the Flu

That's what Noly has...both. I'm really thankful she is such a little trooper and doesn't complain much! We are on top of her fever better tonight, so she is more comfortable. Last night, it got up to 102.9, and then she fell asleep on Kevin. I didn't try taking it after that because I didn't want to wake her.

We are two weeks into our 21-day fast at church, and I'm amazed at how much more time I have had to read my Bible, pray, workout, etc while fasting tv. It has been a really good two weeks even though we have been struggling with non-stop sickness in one form or another. The sickness didn't change, but spending time with God gives me much more peace about it. Our Pastor taught about joy last week. He talked about how happiness is an emotion that comes or goes, but joy is a fruit of the Spirit. Even if you are sad, you can still have joy because of Who you know. That was so eye-opening, and it has made a difference in my attitude within our sickness.

I'm making this short because I have some Rice Krispy Treats cooling to try to get Noly to eat a little with her antibiotic. Hoping for a good night of restful sleep for all four of us!

No comments: