Saturday, January 29, 2011

Creation

So many times, the eyes of a child are amazing! Tonight, Noly asked me if I was just going to sit in bed for awhile while she played with Daddy. I told her that I was going to read my Bible. She said, "Oh, you read that a lot." I told her I try to read it every day. She asked if we could read her Bible together first, so we did.

It's funny to me how a lot of the Bible stories that I know she has heard before have left her memory, and it is like she is hearing them for the first time. There were pictures of Adam and Eve with many trees all around them, and then there is a picture of the ONE tree they could not eat from. She looked at me like they had more than enough. Why would they ever need to eat from that one tree? They weren't missing out with all they had in front of them to eat. How true! But how our flesh craves that "one" thing. It craves what we shouldn't have and isn't content with the many other blessings we have right in front of us. God has given us more than we need and just wants us to find contentment in our relationship to Him. He knows what will harm us, yet we act like He is withholding something desirable from us.

Hopefully, both Noly and I learned something about obedience and God's love for us tonight.

No comments: