Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Mountain of God

We are sick.....

...again...or still???

Noly started out with a sore throat and fever Saturday and ran a fever until Tuesday. She had pink eye and a raging ear infection along with her cold/virus. She's been on antibiotics since Monday and is finally starting to feel a little better. Last night, I came down with it, and Kevin started feeling bad this morning. So, here we are...nothing new.

I am at work and was listening to the radio and heard Third Day's "Mountain of God." The end of the chorus says, "...I must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain of God." Our Pediatrician and I were just discussing something very similar when I took Noly in on Monday. He said he often sees God do some amazing things when people go through something like this and come out on the other side. I believe that is what will happen.

Right now, we're climbing the mountain. We are worn out, beat down, thirsty and sometimes ready to quit. But the mountain is ahead. I know I need to keep my eyes on God and what He is doing and is going to do in my life. All of this sickness is just a blink in the eyes of eternity. We're going to make it up the mountain, and I have to believe that the sickness will stop in time. Hopefully not another two years, but who knows. I waited a long time for my babies to get here, and it was so worth the "climb," so worth the journey. I remember sitting at a Third Day concert shortly after my last miscarriage, and God majorly spoke to me through "Mountain of God." It wasn't long after that that Jule arrived. Noly and Jule were so worth the fight, and I know that eternity is even so much more worth the fight.

Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."



1 comment:

Helene said...

Heather, you have to be one of the most positive and uplifting people I know. Truly, you are. It's such a breath of fresh air.

I love that whatever comes your way...whatever curve balls are thrown at from whichever direction, you always hand it over to God and you are so faithful in your trust in Him.

I strive to be more like you are with my faith. I tend to forget that I can lean on God in times of need.

Heather, you simply are an amazing person! Hope Noly feels better soon!