Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of 2009

2009 has been quite the adventure, and I'm hoping that 2010 is a much better year for us! Noly has changed so much in this past year with her comprehension and understanding, and Jule has changed so much physically. Noly went from being a toddler to being a little girl, and Jule moved from baby to toddler. They are both my joy, and I love them dearly!

We were planning to go to IN for Christmas on Friday (12/19) after work. That whole day, it poured, so we decided to wait until Saturday morning. It is so good that we did. Jule was diagnosed with RSV and started having some minor complications Friday evening. He got through it without a hospital visit, and he was much better on Saturday morning. So, we took off and arrived at my parents' house Sunday evening.

We had a really nice time seeing family, and Noly got to play in the snow for the first time. She loved it! She would beg my dad to take her out every morning, but he would make her wait until it was "warm" enough. It never truly got warm, but it was warmer than 10 degrees : ) We kept Jule in because of the RSV, so he would watch from the window. My grandma had a mild heart attack on the 22nd, so we went to see her in the hospital on the 23rd. She came home Christmas Eve, and we went to her house for Christmas. My guess is that this Christmas was the last year she and Grandpa will be with us. Neither of them is doing well, and I am so thankful we got to spend time with them and that they got to see the kids.

We were going to come back home on Saturday (12/26), but Jule cried all through the night Christmas night and screamed Saturday morning. We took him to the ER and found out that his ear infection from 12/7 was still not clear. So, he was put on his 3rd round of different antibiotics. Sunday morning, Noly said her ears hurt, and they were draining, so I knew she also had a double ear infection. The doctor called in some drops, and off we went that evening. We made it home Tuesday afternoon after some really bad weather and bad roads in Indiana and Ohio. I'm so glad to be home and close to our own doctors, and I'm even more happy that we made it home for CHRISTMAS! Last year, we didn't get that far!

As 2009 ends and 2010 begins, I'm excited to see how the kids will change and grow and what new things God will do in our lives. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Whew, what a year it's been!! I hope 2010 brings you and your family much happiness!!!