Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Should Stop Having Birthdays!

Last year on my birthday, at 2 am, we called 911. Jule went to the ER by ambulance due to complicated croup. He spent that whole day and the next in the hospital. He screamed and screamed as I walked the floor with him because he also had an ear infection. He was only 5 months old. Surely, this year had to be better, right?

I thought we were in the clear. It was about 6:15 pm, and I was alone with the kids playing and relaxing. Noly had eaten dinner, and Jule refused to eat. I decided to call my brother to see if they wanted our baby seat for their baby that's due in March....and IT happened. Noly was running toward me and tripped on her nightgown. Her chin met the hardwood floor, HARD. Yep, she needed stitches. So, once again, off to the ER we went on my birthday.

She was very brave and ended up getting around 5 stitches in her chin. We got home around 10:45 and were exhausted. She seemed completely unaffected this morning but did not want to eat because it made her chin feel funny. They did put in dissolvable stitches so she won't have to get them removed.

Maybe we'll just skip my birthday altogether next year?

1 comment:

Helene said...

Oh no!! Stuff like that seems to happen around here, as well.

Sorry I missed your birthday...hopefully next year's celebration will be more fun!