Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ears, Ears, Ears

On Tuesday night, Jule started waking up every hour crying. We got him up at 10 pm and gave him some Tylenol and Goldfish and cuddled with him for a little bit. Then, Kevin put him back in bed, and he continued to wake up all through the night. He woke up Wednesday with a very runny nose. This cycle continued all through the weekend, and I couldn't figure out why he was still crying through the night after his nose cleared up. I kept checking his ears for drainage since he has tubes, but they looked good. I decided to take him in on Monday just to look at his ears, and sure enough....double ear infection. So, either his tubes fell out or they are blocked. Poor baby! We started his antibiotics last night, so he should be feeling better soon.

I increased my dosage of Lexapro to a half of a pill, and it really seems to be helping my migraines! They are spreading out and getting less severe, and my anxiety over them is decreasing as the pill gets into my system. I filled a prescription for the Depakote, but I'm not brave enough to try it yet. I plan to see how the Lexapro alone does, and I will try Depakote if I have to. I'm so tired of trial and error meds...my body is just so sensitive. Overall, I'm pleased with the way the Lexapro is handling my migraines.

Jule finally started to mimic what we say. He is very non-verbal but grunts a lot and gets across what he wants. Friday night, I showed him a cow and said, "Moo," and he said the same thing for hours. He's also tried to say "Goofy" and a few other words. Noly had so many words by this age, but I have heard that boys are slower at speaking usually. He is a whopping 29 lbs at only 17 months old...lots of him to kiss and hug on.

Noly is learning to read words by sounding them out. She loves Leapfrog DVD's and asks me all the time what sounds certain letters make. She is also doing great with memorizing her verses for Awana and is asking what they mean. Sometimes, they are very hard to explain in 4-year-old terms. She is so very sweet natured and is a little Mommy to Jule sometimes, except when she intentionally hits or trips him! Ahhh...the sibling rivalry begins!

1 comment:

Helene said...

Awww, poor Jule! I'm glad you were able to figure out what was wrong though and hopefully he's feeling better soon.

Here's a little tip that my pedi told us last time Garrett had an ear infection. Warm up a few drops of olive oil and then place it in an eye dropper. Put a couple drops in the ear that is bothering him and it'll bring instant relief. It really does work and it's great to know something like this when it's 3:00 am and he's tugging on his ears!!

So glad to hear that your migraines are decreasing!!