Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Great Advice

I heard something really awesome on the radio today. It was talking about Motherhood and how it can be all-consuming...and it is! I believe one of the ladies had teenagers and the other one had younger children, and they were talking about change. They said that everything in life does change. Your children grow up, your relationship with your spouse changes, etc. They were also talking about how God is the constant, the only One that doesn't change in this ever-changing world. So, the way to survive your children growing up and the way to keep from losing who you are in motherhood is to maintain your relationship and your time with God. Let that be your constant through these years of immense change. What a nugget of wisdom!

I admit that it is really hard to find and/or make time for God with the craziness of day-to-day life, but I know it will be worth it if I do. It was so comforting to think that I could actually HAVE a constant in the midst of everything we've gone through and are going through. But it is so true. HE has been my rock, my shield, my fortress that I run to and hide through so many things. Even before my kids existed, God was my constant. And long after they leave the walls of our home, He will be my constant. Kind of like Desmond in LOST. I really need a constant today!

No comments: