Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lot to Think About...

There has been so much to think about...and pray about. Little Forester ended up having a brain tumor. They removed the tumor yesterday, and he will need chemo and radiation in the upcoming months to prevent it from coming back. My heart has felt such a sadness for the Bradburns. Yes, I feel hope...that our God is in control, that He has him in His hand, that Forester will likely live a cancer-free life, etc. I also feel such heartache that Forester has to go through all of this, and that Whitney and Pete are now faced with a world very different than what they knew on Monday. I don't want any of them to have to suffer.

As I was praying about this last night, Isaiah 53:4 came to mind, "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows..." I sat there and wondered what God was feeling. I want to note that I'm not wondering if God cares, but I wonder what He feels since He knows so much more than we do. I know that He is God. He knows all before it even happens. He knows the end result of everything and is not surprised by anything. Yet, He made us with feelings, so surely He must feel something when He sees His children suffer. Maybe those feelings were manifested in Jesus' suffering? I thought about all of the pain and suffering Jesus went through on His way to the cross...the beating and the scourging, the feeling of so many people being against Him. He bore our griefs and carried our sorrows with Him. Jesus, the embodiment of all of our pain, all of our suffering. I am so thankful that even little Forester knows Jesus, the One Who will be his constant companion and ever-present Friend.

Psalm 118:17
"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD."

I woke Noly up a little early this morning to make a card for Forester. I expected her to protest because it was so early in the morning. Her response was to joyfully color him a beautiful picture to help him feel better. She was so sweet and so happy to make him a card...it really blessed me to watch her. I want to teach her how important it is to give of herself to others when it's in her power to do so. I want to teach her to care about other people, and this early in life, it seems to come natural to her.

God, I pray a covering of blessing over Forester. I pray for health, life and peace and minimal side effects from any meds he has to take. I pray that this whole situation will become a testimony to the healing power of Your name. Amen.

No comments: