Friday, February 27, 2009

I John 3:18

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." ~ I John 3:18

This is the verse for the day at the site where I read the Bible. It is right along with what I have been feeling. It echoes the words of James 2:14-17, "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." I have been thinking back to the time not so long ago when I was miserable and having a hard time coping with Jule's constant crying. I ended up on valium because the situation was too much for me to handle. What REALLY stuck out to me were the people that put their actions into deeds. Those who lived close enough and physically came and helped me. To me, that was what I needed. I needed someone to physically take Jule from my arms and take over so I could spend time with Noly. The people that came know who they are, and I am forever grateful for that.

I strive to be that type of person for Whitney. Yes, I am praying...fervently. But I want to be there for her...physically. I want to be God's physical hands and feet when she needs it. In the coming weeks and months ahead, I want to do all that I am capable of doing to lighten her load. God, give me words and knowledge of witty inventions to help my friend. Please continue to have Your hand on each one of the Bradburns and their family members. I pray for peace, strength and health for little Forester and that his side effects would be very minimal. In Jesus' name.

1 comment:

Danette said...

You are a good friend, Heather. Whitney and her family are lucky to have you in their lives....