Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hello, Old Friend

Thursday night, I heard a familiar sound coming from Jule's room.  I thought, "Here we go."  I was so excited to find that we had not seen our friend, Croup, in 8 months!  I was also pleasantly surprised that Jule had a very mild case.  His breathing wasn't compromised, he wasn't dry heaving or vomiting, he wasn't overly upset, and we definitely did not need an ambulance or the ER.  He just kept looking at me like, "What is going on?"  He seemed more confused than anything.  I told him he had croup, and the steam would help him feel better.  He did not sound great through the night but also did not sound compromised at all.  He got worse on Friday after his nap and needed some oral steroids, but even that was not too bad.

I'm very thankful that he has been doing much better!  He also potty trained recently without a lot of effort.  He's had just a few accidents but pretty much took to it right away!

1 comment:

John Ng said...

Glad to hear that life has become more normal in that perspective. Praying for you and the family!