Saturday, June 4, 2011

You Reign

Yet again, I am mentioning a 4 Him song :) We stopped in at Chick-Fil-A tonight to let the kids run off some energy; and as we walked back to our table, I heard 4 Him on the radio singing, "You Reign." Andy could really knock that one out of the park! I think I'm consistently brought back to that truth...He really does reign.

Earlier today, Noly and I were running some quick errands and "God, You Reign" by Lincoln Brewster came on. At the end, there are children saying, "God, You reign." Noly looked at me and said, "What does that mean?" I knew her mind was thinking of rain. I was explaining to her what that meant, and she seemed to at least grasp it partially. I explain it to her and I believe it, but there are so many times I don't live like I believe He reigns. I think that is one of the things He is trying to teach me in this season of life because that word keeps popping up all over. In truth, He is on the throne, but I don't often enough let Him sit on the throne and rule over my mind. This dizzy mind of mine is the domain of spiritual warfare...often!

I really, really worry too much and don't just trust often enough. I really, really try to control too much when I really just need to slide over and let God have the control. He made these two kids so completely and wonderfully how He wanted them to be made, and He gave them to me with the knowledge that I could raise them the way He wanted them to be raised if I would just partner with Him and learn from Him. Anything that I'm viewing as an imperfection is really still His perfect creation. If Jule is behind in his speech again, I need to remember that Moses stuttered. God had no problems using Moses when Moses chose to follow and obey. I will get all the help that Jule needs; and in the midst of it, I need to remember that God created him exactly the way he is for a reason. Yes, he is different by the world's standards, and it is a ton of work for Kevin and I; but God has a plan for him that may even spring forth through what seems less than perfect to us. Even if he has Autism, that does not negate the plan that God already has for Jule's life.

The end of "You Reign" goes...
"Everything You do always is perfect. There is none like You. Lord, You are worthy!"
AMEN!