Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No Doubt About Love

So....hi!  I don't post on this blog very often right now because migraines are pretty much my focus right now, and I have started a blog journaling my migraines and how different meds affect me.  I also don't have a ton of deep thoughts with all of the pain.  The other blog is at adayinthelifeofamigraine.blogspot.com if anyone wants to read there.  This is the blog where I will most likely put deeper thoughts when I'm able.

Tonight, I was thinking about all that is going on with chronic pain, the kids, insurance, disability, healing, etc. I was thinking about what exactly it is that is important to me about the kids.  We played a Bingo game that is REALLY old tonight.  I brought it back from my grandparents' house, and I used to play it when I was little.  I think it was pretty old even then.  Of course, my ultimate desire for my kids is that they love God and follow after Him.  But in regards to me and what they think of me, I want them to know that they love them.  I might miss their school play due to pain, but I love them.  I may be unable to do fun things with them sometimes, but I love them.  I may not be able to do the fun things or be out in the sun like most other parents, but I love them.  And I think that, if they know I love them, the other things won't matter as much.  It may still hurt their feelings at times, and it also breaks my heart to miss things.  If they know I love them, they can have confidence in that.

I think that very much applies to God.  He wants us to know He loves us.  So much that He gave up His only Son FOR us...for Love.  I may have weeping, pain, and sorrow; but I do truly know that God loves me.  I trust the love He has for me in my relationship with Him.  All kinds of difficult things can happen in this world, but His love for us can sustain us.  In the world, we will have trials and troubles, but He has overcome the world.  The One Who loves us has overcome the world.  I'm so thankful that He sent His Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to us.  There's no doubt about His love.

No comments: